Sometimes you just need an quick recipe. This easy Valentine’s Day treat is incredibly simple, but hits all of the right notes. I love when treats are sweet and salty. What’s better than flaky sea salt on a chocolate chip cookie? Literally nothing. Chocolate-dipped pretzel rods are an easy Valentine’s Day treat that you can easily customize with your favorite fun toppings.
This recipe is so easy that there really isn’t a recipe! But, I hope this post provides inspiration to anyone scrambling to make something for a class party or Galentine’s Day get-together. I made mine as a quick thank-you for a neighbor who helped us out recently.
First things first. Select your base flavor— white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, caramel…The choice is yours! Experiment with melting down different chocolate candies like Rolos or Three Musketeers. Or, you could get really creative and melt down some Marshmallow Fluff for a flavor profile similar to s’mores.
Pretzel Rod Toppings
The best part of this recipe is deciding what toppings you want to use!
Here’s what I chose for my pretzel rods:
While I was making mine, I kept having other ideas for toppings. Here are a few I came up with:
- Shredded Coconut Flakes (You could toast them first! OR dye them with food coloring.)
- Butterscotch Morsels
- Chopped up candy bar pieces
- Choose your favorite nuts! I used pecans, but salted peanuts would be delicious.
- Dried fruit – I think dried cherries would be really good with dark chocolate!
- Crushed cookies – Oreos on white chocolate for a classic flavor combo.
- Fancy Sprinkles – They offer the most creative and fun sprinkle blends I’ve ever seen! I used their “Heartbreak Hotel” blend for my pretzel rods.
If you’ve landed on this post while looking for an easy treat I hope this inspired you to get creative with your own dipped pretzel rods for an easy Valentine’s Day treat!
Do you like to cook? Make sure to check out my post on my favorite Southern Cookbooks!